Monday, June 23, 2014

Pajama Breakfast Tea Party...

At first when my 8 year old asked if she can have breakfast tea party outside my entire body tensed up as I images of blankets, tea party dishes, dozen little hands and food all covered in with my pure maple syrup. I simply have too much to do!
I have to
- milk the goat,
- make N breakfast,
- toss a load(or three) of laundry
- change Lil N crib bedding
- Scrub the pots from dinner last night that are still sitting in the sink
- run to town to pick up my weekly vegetable order
 all before noon...
'I seriously can not deal with any monkey business this morning' I replied in haste to her.  Then it hit me - why not? Because I am too busy?  I am always busy.  I told her if they worked together and cleaned up the mess I would make breakfast that they could take outside. 
There you have it.  A breakfast pajama tea party  that was much less painless than I imagined.  (we were conveniently out of maple syrup *wink*)  Why do I make little things a big deal in my head? End result: Giggling girls and a pile of laundry that got put off a little while longer.  I am trying harder to be more of a 'Yes' mom when it is possible.  Lord help me to enjoy every day and not pass up opportunities to hear giggles. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Beautiful tea party. Really liked these outside tea party arrangements. My daughter also asked to throw her a tea party. So arranged a tea party at one of event venues Chicago for her friends and our family. Prepared yummy dishes for party, which was loved by everyone.

    ReplyDelete